is the last major release of the version 4 series and brings some new features, many improvements and bugfixes. Here is an overview of the most notable changes:
Are you already looking forward to Hubzilla 5.0?
- Core: improved opengraph support for channels and articles
- Core: due to security reasons PDFs will not be embedded by default anymore - admins can enable this feature if desired
- Core: new translation: japanese
- Core: limited inline SVG support via BBcode
- Core: improved support for CDN/Infrastructure caching
- Core: add connect button for non-zot networks which are not connected in current location
- Core: add selected text as quote if replying via comment button
- Core: add CardDAV/CalDAV autodiscovery
- Pubcrawl: Improved compatibility with pixelfed
- Cart: update paypal button to API v2
- Workflow: new addon which provides basic issue tracker capability
Hubzilla 5.0, which will probably be released in the first quarter of 2020 (depending on developer resources), will bring another batch of interesting changes. One of them is the rewrite of the notifications system to use server sent events instead of polling (this landed in development branch about two weeks ago). There is work being done to bring pinned posts to Hubzilla (this literally landed in development branch some hours ago). We are planing to switch to the zot6 protocol as the primary communication protocol for version 5.0 - there are still some issues to be resolved before we can make this step though.
As always we would like to say Thank You!
to everybody who is contributing to this project in one way or the other.
If you like what we do and want to support this project, please consider to donate at https://salt.bountysource.com/teams/hubzillaUpgrade info
In case you attended the RC testing, remember to
git checkout master
your repositories prior to the upgrade.1.
from the web root (this will execute git pull for all repositories).2.
Install the upgrade info addon if you have not done so yet (optional). This will show info about the upgrade to your community members.
!Hubzilla Support Forum